Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Bookathon success!

In June we took part in The Great Kiwi Bookathon. It was to raise money for Blind Low Vision New Zealand to help them with lots of things like getting more Braille books made, getting more guide dogs, and other things to help as well.


We asked people to sponsor us. Me and my twin sister aimed to raise $50 but we got so many sponsors we actually raised $273! I read 11 books because some were quite long and hard like The Secret Garden and my sister read 56. 
Taking part in the bookathon made me feel really happy because I was helping a lot of people, and doing something nice. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Indi you raise so much money and you read lots of books you must be so proud by Lilarose

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post