Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Different types of text

I am learning about different types of texts. They are Facts, Poems, Instructions and Narrative.



Texts like New Zealander of the year and the stock exchange are texts that have facts. Facts are true information. 

Another type of text is poems with rhyming and verse. 

Another type of text is instructions like in cookbooks for the recipes to follow or the instructions of a boardgame. I have been reading the instructions for the game of life.

Another type of text is narrative which is telling a story. I am writing a holiday diary for my blog and it is a narrative. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Indi,
    There are so many different types of texts and you have described some of them very well. Are you enjoying your board game? Imagine if we didn't have instructions?
    I am looking forward to reading your holiday diary.
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post